One of the perks (perhaps one of the very few) of being an artist, is that very kind, benevolent organisations and people, make funding, space and resources available to artists so that they may live, work and and make art during a special period of time known as an artists residency.
Airstrip's Matthew Gardiner has had the good fortune to have been selected for a few of these, and they are the most rewarding, productive and creative times, period.
- 2010 Ars Electronica FutureLab
- 2008 Künstlerdorf Schöppingen, Germany
- 2008 Pica, Perth, Inter-arts residency
- 2005 Tokyo, Australia Council for the Arts Studio
- 2004 Tokyo, Origami House
- 2003 Latrobe Regional Gallery